Thursday, December 3, 2009

NAUI or...


So some people have been asking me which organization should they go to for certification? Now, in the old days the main two organizations were more equal as far as their requirements and their criteria, but not this is not so. NAUI is the organization that I have my certification through and they are by far the best organization out there. They try to teach you to rely on your skills not on your equipment. PADI is the main rival to NAUI, but with the certifying of a dog without attending a single class this organization has been brought under scrutiny. PADI, or as I say old school PADI is great, but not modern PADI. PADI tends to make the divers rely on their higher priced equipment instead of their better skills.

So if you want to get certified I would tend to go through NAUI.

No comments:

Post a Comment